- All yachts visiting BCYC must display their yacht club burgee.
- If you have not received a visitor’s dock assignment or need assistance, please tie up at our registration dock (Dock D Two-hour limit). The marina map shows the registration dock as it extends perpendicular from our bulkhead.
- Upon tying up at the registration dock, please come promptly to the club office and have your club identification card handy to complete the registration process. Your boat will be placed according to its size and draft requirements.
- We will acquaint you with our port and house rules, and club facilities including heads, showers, pool, bar and dining services.
Dock & House Rules
- The fee for a visitor’s dock space is $2 per foot, per night. Please check the reciprocal clubslist (below) to ascertain the number of complimentary nights, if any, your club receives.
- Dock check-in time is no earlier than 11 a.m. and check-out time is no later than 10:30 a.m.
- Water taps are available at each location. Depending upon location, we offer 30- or 50- amp electrical service. We ask that you not disconnect any marina tenant’s electrical hook-up should you be placed into a slip normally occupied by one of our member’s boats. The same goes for any dock lines left behind by the tenant.
- Guests are requested to park outside the club’s grounds. There is ample parking on Bayside Drive and El Paseo Drive.
- Guests are welcome in the Columbia Room (bar) and Dining Room. Cash and major credit cards are accepted for services. Tipping club employees is not permitted, but a service charge is added to all food and beverage billings.
- We request that you wear clothing that complies with current acceptable club standards. Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Pets must be tethered and not allowed to run loose on club grounds. Pets are not allowed inside the clubhouse.
- Complete rules will be provided upon registration.
Shopping & Restaurants
- Balboa Island is a short walk (15 minutes) from the club where you will find many shops, restaurants, coffee houses, ATM, a post office and fire station.
- Also within a 15 minute walk down Bayside Drive is a shopping center at the intersection of Jamboree and Bayside that has a Vons’ Pavilions supermarket, Rite Aide drug store and other shops and restaurants.
A large Marine store is located at 3433 Via Lido in Newport Beach. This area has a complete assortment of marine equipment suppliers, maintenance and service companies, and boat yards. Our office staff can point you in the right direction should you need some help.
- Fuel is located near the Balboa Pavilion and Balboa Island Ferry. These are approximately one mile by water from BCYC.
- The Harbor Department can assist with a mooring should the need arise. Their office is located adjacent to the Coast Guard facility and Balboa Yacht Club. The Harbor Department can be reached at 949-723-1002 and monitors VHF Channel 12.
- Pump-out facilities are available and their location can be determined by contacting the Harbor Department.
Wi-Fi is available at the BCYC Marina for visiting yachtsmen. Please check in with the front office in order to gain access.
The members and staff of BCYC welcome all Southern California Yachting Association-affiliated organizations, as well as other recognized yacht clubs from around the country and the world, to enjoy our clubhouse. Please have your membership card available to present at the front desk.
Reservations may be made up to seven (7) days in advance, with a maximum stay of three (3) nights – for guest dock availability please contact Susie Brodrick, Marina Manager. Our guest dock can accommodate up to a total of eighty (80) feet overall. There is a charge of $2 per foot, per night unless otherwise noted below:
- Alamitos Bay Yacht Club
- Anacapa Yacht Club
- Channel Islands Yacht Club
- Kona Kai Yacht Club
- Lido Isle Yacht Club
- Redondo Beach Yacht Club
- San Luis Yacht Club
- American Legion Yacht Club
- Arizona Yacht Club
- Blue Water Cruising Club
- Buccaneer Yacht Club
- Cerritos Bahia Yacht Club
- Channel Cruising Club
- Channel Isle Yacht Club – Navy
- Corsair Yacht Club
- Cortez Yacht Club
- Four Winds Yacht Club
- Fresno Yacht Club
- Hollywood Yacht Club
- Jonathan Yacht Club
- Lake Mission Viejo Yacht Club
- Little Ships Yacht Club
- Malibu Yacht Club
- Marina Yacht Club of Long Beach
- Navy Yacht Club San Diego
- Nevada Yacht Club
- Oakland Yacht Club
- Pierpont Bay Yacht Club
- Point Loma Yacht Club
- Pomona Valley Sailing Club
- Port Royal Yacht Club
- Pacific Single Handed Sailing Association
- San Fernando Valley Yacht Club
- San Luis Yacht Club
- San Pedro Yacht Club
- Santa Barbara Sailing Club
- Santa Clara Racing Association
- South Bay Yacht Racing Club
- South Coast Corinthian Yacht Club
- South Shore Yacht Club
- Sunset Aquatic Yacht Club
- West Coast Yacht Club
- West Lake Yacht Club
- Wooden Hull Yacht Club
Three Nights Free
- Balboa Yacht Club
- Chula Vista Yacht Club
- Coronado Cays Yacht Club
- Coronado Yacht Club
- Dana Point Yacht Club
- Dana West Yacht Club
- Del Rey Yacht Club
- Long Beach Yacht Club
- Mission Bay Yacht Club
- Pacific Corinthian Yacht Club
- Pacific Mariners Yacht Club
- Richmond Yacht Club (Point Richmond)
- San Diego Yacht Club
- Silver Gate Yacht Club
- Southwestern Yacht Club
- South Coast Corinthian Yacht Club
Two Nights Free
- Cabrillo Beach Yacht Club (non-reservation)
- Marina Venice Yacht Club
- Oceanside Yacht Club (non-reservation)
One Night Free
- California Yacht Club
- Catalina Island Yacht Club
- Huntington Harbour Yacht Club
- King Harbor Yacht Club (non-reservation)
- Los Angeles Yacht Club
- Navy Yacht Club of Long Beach
- Shoreline Yacht Club
- Santa Barbara Yacht Club
- Santa Monica Windjammers Yacht Club
- Seal Beach Yacht Club
- Ventura Yacht Club
Cruising Vessels – 3 Nights Free
Vessels from north of Morro Bay, from other US boating areas or international guests