It’s hard to believe that summer is half over, but fortunately, our Southern California climate doesn’t reflect the abrupt and extreme weather changes as do many other parts of our country.
Although we have had a great summer thus far, it’s not over yet! There are still many great activities to look forward to, including:
· Prime Rib Night, Aug. 4 and Sept. 1
· Taco Tuesdays, each Tuesday through Aug. 23
· Lounge Night, Aug. 6
· Tuscany on the Terrace, Aug. 27
· The Gala, Sept. 10
· Las Commodoras Dog Show, Sept. 17
Upcoming cruises are:
· Clambake at Cat Harbor. Aug. 11-14
· Emerald Bay Cruise, Sept. 23-25
· Avalon Cruise and Junior Staff Commodore’s Cruise, Sept. 30-Oct. 2
· Oktoberfest presented by Las Commodoras, Oct. 8
But wait, there is more! Mark your calendars and make reservations through the club office for Showboat. The theme this year is “The Best of Showboat” and the show runs Oct. 19-22, with reservations opening Aug. 24.
So, as you can see, there are plenty of exciting activities and cruises planned for the next couple of months. We hope you will join us for many of these great events as we bid farewell to summer and welcome an exhilarating fall lineup!
Cleve Sproule, Rear Commodore